Wednesday, November 12, 2014

REAL ESTATE PHOTOGRAPHY TO CLONE OR NOT TO CLONE

As a Real Estate photographer I am sometimes asked by the seller or realtor to clone or fix certain imperfections or flaws in the images I provide of the house and property.  I usually have to politely explain that I am governed by the Truth in Advertising law which precludes me from making material changes in the images.  

Usually it is understood that a buyer wants to see the property conveyed by my images in all it's reality, flaws and all.  I have to say that I agree with this concept.  If it were me and I were the buyer I would want to see the cracks and pits that are sometimes present.  For me to cover them up or fix them would be less than truthful.  

I don't know if anyone has ever been sued over images that have been fixed or altered but I know I don't want to be the first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment